Johnson Moving and Storage
Safe Work Practices - Jobsite Safety Quiz
1. When are Drugs or Alcohol permitted at a job site?
B. Only when prescribed by your doctor.
C. Only when you have notified Johnson Moving and Storage that you are using prescription drugs.
D. Only when both B and C are true.
2. How soon and to whom do you report a job related injury or illness?
A. Immediately to the Job Site Superintendent and within 24 hours to Johnson Moving and Storage.
B. Within 3 working days to Johnson Moving and Storage.
C. Immediately to both Job Site Superintendent and to Johnson Moving and Storage.
D. Immediately to the Job Site Superintendent. You don't need to inform Johnson Moving and Storage.
3. When Should you wear personal protective equipment?
A. Whenever the regular employees at a job site are wearing theirs. If they don't need it, neither do you.
B. Whenever you are told to do so by the Job Site Superintendent. He will know if you need it or not.
C. Whenever an OSHA inspector visits to job site. the most important thing is to aviod fines.
D. Whenever there is a need to protect yourself against possible injury. Better safe than sorry.
4. What should you do if you are not sure to use safety equipment properly?
A. Don't use it. Improperly used equipment could be dangerous.
B. Use common sense to determine the proper way to use the equipment.
C. Ask to watch the Safety Video again. It will explain everything.
D. Ask for instructions from the Johnson Moving and Storage Staff or Job Site Superintendent.
5. Where do you find Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) information?
A. In the Johnson Moving and Storage Video
B. Johnson Moving and Storage has a book with all Material Safety Data Sheets in it.
C. Ask an OSHA Inspector for copies.
D. Material Safety Data Sheets ate site specific and must be available at each job site.
6. Whose responsibility is it to ensure a safe workplace?
A. Johnson Moving and Storage
B. The Job Site Superintendent
C. The worker's
D. All of the above
7. What is the most common construction site injury?
A. Tripping and falling.
B. Dropping a heavy object on your foot
C. Stepping on a nail.
D. Hitting your thumb with a hammer.
8. When are you required to wear a safety harness/belt and tie off?
A. Whenever you are working on a scaffolding 6 feet or more above ground.
B. Whenever you are working at a height of 6 feet or more from the ground without proper railing in place.
C. Whenever you work on a roof
D. Only when the job site superintendent tells you to do so.
9. What should you do if you encounter unsafe working conditions?
A. Correct the unsafe condition if you know the proper way to do so
B. Tell the Job Site Superintendent and ask him/her to fix the problem
C. Call the Johnson Moving and Storage office and report the situation to the Manager
D. Follow the above steps, in order, until the problem is fixed
10. What is the most important thing to check before using a ladder?
A. Make sure the ladder is the proper height for the job.
B. Make sure there are no broken or loose rungs on the ladder.
C. Make sure that the ladder is securely tied off and/or chocked.
D. You must check all of the above items each time.
11. How far from the base of the wall should you place the legs of a ladder?
A. Just far enough that the ladder seems stable.
B. Close enough that the ladder will reach the height where you need it to be.
C. One foot away for each three feet of height to where the ladder hits the wall.
D. It really doesn't matter.
12. When is horseplay OK at a job site?
B. Only at breaks or at lunch time.
C. Only when the Job Site Superintendent isn't around.
D. Horseplay is OK as long as it isn't dangerous.
13. When you arrive at a Job site, what should you locate immediately?
A. The break room.
B. Emergency exits, fire extinguishers, and first aid kits.
C. Material Safety Data Sheets.
D. B and C
14. What should you do before using any of the chemicals at a job site?
A. Smell the container to make sure you have the right substance.
B. Place a small amount of the chemical on your tongue to make sure it isn't dangerous.
C. Read the container and the Material Safety Data Sheet for the chemical.
D. Call Johnson Moving and Storage to tell them you think this is a semi-skilled job.
15. What should you do if you arrive at a Job Site without the proper safety equipment?
A. Ask they Job Site Superintendent if he has extra equipment you can borrow.
B. Contact Johnson Moving and Storage and ask them to bring equipment to you.
C. Either A or B is OK as long as you get the proper equipment.
D. Go ahead and work without it, but make sure you have it for the next day.
16. What should you do if you experience a "reaction" after working with a chemical?
A. Report the condition to Johnson Moving and Storage/
B. See A Doctor.
C. Take a cool bath or shower.
D. A and B.
17. What is the proper way to carry electrical power tools?
A. Only by the handle.
B. Only by the cord.
C. By the handle and the cord.
D. It doesn't really matter.
18. If you in counter hazardous working conditions at a Job Site, you should:
A. Call OSHA immediately.
B. Inform the Job Site Superintendent and ask him to correct the problem.
C. Refuse to work in the hazardous area until the situation is corrected.
D. Both B and C.
19. What is the proper way to carry materials up s ladder?
A. Tie them to your belt so you have both hands free to hold the ladder.
B. Climb the ladder first, then raise the materials in a bucket.
C. Carry the materials in your weak hand (i.e. left hand if you are right-handed).
D. It doesn't really matter as long as you don't fall.
20. When are you required to wear a hard hat?
A. Whenever there is a possibility of being struck by falling or head-level objects.
B. Only in designated "Hard Hat" areas.
C. Only on new construction sites.
D. At all Johnson Moving and Storage Job Sites.